The Sixth Annual Great Big Home + Garden Show Presented by Carrier® Brings Home Inspiration to Cleveland Feb. 6-15
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jennifer Hickin, The Adcom Group
firstname.lastname@example.org / 216.912.2865
Rosanna Hrabnicky, Marketplace
Events email@example.com / 440.248.5729 ext.104
The Sixth Annual Great Big Home + Garden Show Presented by Carrier ® Brings Home Inspiration to Cleveland Feb. 6-15
Show brings home improvement inspiration with Cleveland Rocks-themed Garden Showcase,
Idea Home, High-Tech Entertainment Home, Cooking Stage, Celebrities and more
CLEVELAND – Jan. 14, 2015 – The 2015 Great Big Home + Garden Show presented by Carrier ® will return to Cleveland’s I-X Center February 6-15 with more than 1,000 home industry experts under one roof and more than 600 exhibits to explore. New home improvement features, appearances by home and garden celebrities, and returning favorites from the 2014 show are sure to excite and surprise visitors.
“The Great Big Home + Garden Show is a must-see for homeowners and this year we’ve added an extra day to allow more time for visitors to check out the latest trends, be inspired or get advice from the area’s leading home improvement experts,” Show Manager Rosanna Hrabnicky said. “With more than 1,000 experts under one roof, attendees will find what they need to turn their home and garden dreams into a reality.”
Produced by Solon-based Marketplace Events, this year’s Great Big Home + Garden Show will stage a multitude of local exhibitors that allow visitors to shop for home improvement contractors, lawn and garden services and equipment, home décor, and other products and services that will offer attendees ideas and inspiration to transform any home or garden.
New features and attractions at the 2015 show include:
· A 2,400 square-foot, fully-constructed Idea Home, built by Blossom Homes and sponsored by Sherwin-Williams, Cleveland Magazine and Ohio Magazine, will inspire visitors with ideas for building, remodeling and decorating their own homes. A home built by Weaver Barns will also provide extra inspiration. Landscaping surrounding the Idea and High-Tech Homes will be provided by Morton’s Landscaping and the Weaver Barns home by Eyerman Landscaping Inc.
· The 1,500 square-foot Xtend Technologies High-Tech Entertainment Home will inspire visitors with ideas for their own indoor/outdoor entertainment and recreation areas. Sponsored by Sherwin-Williams, Cleveland Magazine and Ohio Magazine, this one-of-a-kind living space will feature the latest in technology from Xtend Technologies and a custom in-ground pool built by Cleveland Aqua Pros.
· Step into the Perrino Total Solutions Vignettes, created by Perrino Builders & Furniture, to get inspiration for remodeling, furnishing and decorating your home.
· Enjoy a break at Danny Vegh’s Break Room that provides visitors a place to eat their favorite pub foods and enjoy some friendly competition in the game of ping pong and other gaming tables.
Returning favorites from 2014 will offer exciting surprises, new products and fresh designs for this year’s show. They include:
· The popular Garden Showcase, Cleveland Rocks-themed gardens created by some of Northeast Ohio’s top landscapers. These gardens will represent some of Cleveland’s hottest locations in the city.
· The combined Main Stage and Loretta Paganini Cooking Stage will be bigger than ever to offer attendees the best of home improvement celebrity appearances with the opportunity to taste and enjoy culinary delights in one convenient location. A state-of-the-art kitchen stage and vignette will be designed and built by Pepperwood Signature Homes & Remodeling for consumers to tour between stage presentations. Sponsored by 84 Lumber with furniture and design by La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries of Northeast Ohio.
· Show attendees can relax and enjoy fine dining among the beauty of the Garden Showcase in the Cambria Bistro, a full-service, white tablecloth restaurant.
· At The Petitti Gardening Stage, daily gardening seminars on landscape design, flora and furnishing outdoor rooms will be held by Northeast Ohio landscape experts. The Petitti Floral Mart will also feature numerous outdoor furniture sets and plants to purchase.
· Kids can have fun in Playground World’s KidsZone, featuring a variety of safe, high-quality playground equipment and exciting giveaways for parents.
· Host of DIY Network’s Bath Crashers and HGTV’s 2015 Dream Home host and designer, Matt Muenster, will appear on the Great Big Home + Garden Show’s Main Stage Friday, Feb. 13, Saturday, Feb. 14 and Sunday, Feb. 15. Muenster sees every house project, whether he’s ripping apart dated bathrooms using the latest construction technology or completely gutting his own kitchen, as a chance to use clever ideas to achieve great design while integrating earth-friendly elements. He initially got his feet wet in design with restaurants and casinos before shifting to the residential sector. His professional experience includes high-end interior design and he gets an adrenaline rush every time he transforms a boring bathroom into a fantastic one! To see some of his latest projects, visit www.diynetwork.com/matt-muenster.
· Best Selling Author, Todd Wilbur has made a career out of figuring out how to duplicate America's most iconic foods. Armed only with an acute sense of taste and smell, the self proclaimed "Food Hacker" will spend hours and sometimes days dissecting and reverse-engineering famous foods in order to bring the best possible clone recipes to the masses! Wilbur will be appearing on the Main Stage on Thursday, Feb. 12 and Friday, Feb. 13, to re-create and share some of his best Top Secret Recipes! To learn more, visit www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
· As a proud member of America's favorite home improvement team since 1986, general contractor Tom Silva has provided years of expert advice to home enthusiasts across the country on This Old House. He also brings his endless expertise to This Old House's sister show, Ask This Old House. Presented by GMC, Tom will be appearing on the Main Stage on Saturday, Feb. 7. Learn more about Tom at www.thisoldhouse.com
· Presented by Cambria, nationally recognized design/build contractor and Canadian television personality, Ramsin Khachi, will appear on the Main Stage Friday, Feb. 6 and Saturday, Feb. 7. Celebrating 20 years of success in the industry, Khachi is renowned for generating creative solutions to problems facing the modern-day client. He is known for his timeless, elegant and uniquely customized spaces and incorporates inventiveness, sensibility and sophistication into his design philosophy. Khachi is also one of the leading design experts on CTV’s popular daytime talk show The Marilyn Denis Show where he shares his tips on construction, interior design and décor with viewers nationwide. Learn more at www.khachi.com.
· Returning as this year’s Main Stage emcee, Matt Fox will delight show visitors with his quick wit, home improvement knowledge and special educational presentations. Fox is best known for creating and co-hosting the first and longest-running show to air on HGTV, Room by Room, as well as hosting and producing the public television series Around the House with Matt and Shari. Learn more from his website, www.mattandshari.com.
Presenting Sponsor - Carrier®
AAA | Absolute Roofing & Construction, Inc. | American Family Insurance | Angie’s List | Bright Covers | Cambria | Cleveland Public Utilities | Discount Drug Mart | Dollar Bank | La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries of Northeast Ohio | Nature Stone | Ohio State Waterproofing | Petitti Garden Centers| Playground World | The Loretta Paganini School of Cooking | Secure Bath | Sherwin-Williams | Sleep Number Mattress | Universal Windows Direct | Westminster Technologies | Your Generator Connection
Show Dates and Times:
NOW 10 DAYS!
Friday, February 6 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday, February 7 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday, February 8 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Mon - Fri, February 9-13 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday, February 14 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday, February 15 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Cleveland I-X Center
One I-X Center Drive
Cleveland, OH 44135
$15 Box Office (Adult Admission)
$12 Online at www.greatbighomeandgarden.com, AAA or Discount Drug Mart locations (Adult Admission)
$10 Seniors 65+ with ID (Monday-Thursday only, tickets must be purchased at show box office)
$10 Group Tickets (Minimum 20)
$5 Children ages 6-12 years
FREE Children 5 and under
The latest show information will be posted on www.greatbighomeandgarden.com, the Home and Garden Events Facebook page and @GreatBigShow on Twitter.
About Marketplace Events
Marketplace Events creates vibrant expositions connecting enthusiasts with experts, products and services in dynamic face-to-face environments. The company produces 43 events annually including: 27 consumer home shows in the US; 11 in Canada; three Casa Latina Home Expos for the Hispanic market, acquired in August 2014; one Holiday Boutique in Kansas City; and the country’s premier trade and consumer show for the motorcycle industry, the American International Motorcycle Expo (AIMExpo), which has become a Top 50 Trade Show in just two years. The 43 combined events attract 15,000 exhibitors, 1.5 million attendees and another 1.7 million unique web visitors annually. From 14 offices, the 110-person staff produces some of the most successful and longest-running shows in North America, including market-leading home shows in Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Minneapolis, Philadelphia and Orlando–some of which have thrived in their markets for more than 75 years. www.marketplaceevents.com
– ### –